Online Sales Terms and Conditions
Thank you for ordering with Balloonista, we hope you’ll love your balloons as much as we do! Below are a few terms and conditions, please take the time to read these and if you have any questions please contact us.
Payments and Charges
- All charges are as specified on our website or in a quotation where applicable.
- All payments are to be made upon ordering.
- Once an order is placed it cannot be cancelled. This is because we purchase or prepare stock immediately once the order is confirmed.
- Please note that if there are any changes you need to make after placing your order, we are happy to make these for you, but they will incur a £50 admin fee. You can email [email protected] with the changes you would like to make. At this stage an admin fee invoice will be issued. Upon payment of this invoice, the changes will be put through to production and your order will be updated accordingly. We are only able to make changes on one occasion; multiple changes cannot be processed.
Please select your most suitable delivery from the options at the checkout.
Balloonista Doorstep Delivery – we provide Balloonista Local van delivery service 7 days a week to London and the South East as soon as the same day where possible. Please select this service if you require a timed delivery by a Balloonista Driver / Installer.
Overnight Courier Service – our nationwide courier network partner offers standard and next day deliveries to all of the UK mainland. We use an overnight service for non urgent deliveries but please allow a minimum of 2 working days for order processing here at Balloonista HQ.
When next day delivery is required we aim to despatch orders placed before 2pm, on the same day when next day service is selected at the checkout.
In most cases you will receive your order by close of business the next day; however during the COVID pandemic this could be slightly longer due to working and travel disruptions.
The Balloonista team can not be held responsible for any delayed deliveries when the orders are despatched on time. Please note that courier deliveries can arrive any time between 8am and 8pm. If you require your order to arrive by a more specific time please select the day before at the check out. All standard deliveries are dispatched Monday – Thursday. If you are placing an order on Friday for next day delivery you will have to pay for a Saturday delivery. Courier deliveries are not available on Mondays – this is because we do not allow our balloons to sit in the courier depot over the weekend.
Saturday courier deliveries carry a surcharge. Please select the relevant service at the checkout for exact charges.
All deliveries will be contactless where possible.
Delivery Delays & Returns
- We aim for your balloons to arrive by your selected delivery date, however, in the event that they are delayed, please contact us immediately and we will contact the courier company on your behalf. We are unable to offer delivery refunds directly but we will endeavour to work with the courier company to investigate the delay and return to you with our findings and a solution.
- Some remote locations may be subject to delays beyond our control due to logistics/ease of access. We will not be held responsible in this event.
- Unfortunately at this time we are unable to offer free returns.
Missing or damaged goods
- If your order arrives damaged or is faulty, please contact us in writing (via email to [email protected]) ON THE DAY OF YOUR DELIVERY BEING RECEIVED, so that we can discuss a solution with you. We would ask that you include photos to show the damage/fault. In some circumstances, we may also request that you return the faulty items so that we can pass these back to our supplier. We will be unable to address any issues raised if the photographic evidence is not supplied by midnight on the same day, since balloons will naturally degenerate over several days.
- If your order has an item missing or the balloon that you have received is not the one that you ordered, please contact us ON THE DAY OF YOUR DELIVERY BEING RECEIVED, so that we can arrange a replacement. Again, we will ask you to send us a photograph of the incorrect balloon(s) for our internal investigation and reports.
- If your order does not arrive at all, within 48 hours of the day it was due, and we can verify a lost shipment with the courier service, we will offer a replacement free of charge. If a replacement is not required, a credit note will be issued for use another time. We will attempt to claim for the loss and will require sufficient cooperation and evidence from you in this regard. If successful, we will pass on the refunded sum.
Safety and Care
- Balloons can be dangerous to young children and animals so please be responsible with your display and ensure that balloons are always kept out of their reach.
- NEVER inhale helium, whilst it is a safe, natural, non-toxic gas, when inhaled, the body and brain are starved of oxygen, which can result in suffocation.
- The lifespan of your balloon can be shortened by extreme heat or cold so please keep out of direct sunlight and exceptionally hot or cold environments. We do not recommend storing your balloons outside or in an outbuilding such as a garage or shed, since this can cause them to shrink. If personalised balloons shrink it can cause the vinyl to ripple or detach from the balloon. This is a natural effect but you can easily peel off the vinyl and enjoy your new naked balloons for a little longer!
- Changes in air pressure can sometimes affect your balloons. This in turn can affect the vinyl stickers on personalised balloons. Please rest assured that this will often rectify itself when the air pressure returns to normal and is something of an uncontrollable entity! We are always happy to take a look at photos of balloons that you may not be entirely satisfied with, but this must be on the day of receiving them.
- Please do not release helium balloons. We need to love and protect our planet.
- Please dispose of all balloons correctly, with your general waste – all of our latex balloons are 100% biodegradable and will decompose within 6 months. If you have chosen foil balloons, please look at recycling or reusing. We have some great ideas over on our Plastic Party Swap Shop on Facebook.
From time to time the exact style/colour of balloon ordered may be out of stock, in this event, we will replace it with a closely matched substitute. If a suitable substitute is not available, we will endeavour to contact you to discuss an alternative solution.
Our Balloonista Risk Assessment can be provided to clients whose installations may be subject to COVID-19 specific procedures; these are available upon request.
Finally, enjoy! We love seeing photos of our balloons being enjoyed by their lucky recipients so if you have a moment, please send us a picture or tag us on social media: @balloonistaco
The Balloonista Team
Join Our Mailing List
Never miss an update.